At Stedi, we’re rebuilding the technological backbone of the B2B economy. Trillions of dollars flow annually through a global network of commerce via an archaic framework called EDI, but there hasn’t been a major new EDI platform in decades (you can read more about EDI here).
We make software for developers to help them build modern EDI systems. Our goal is to make software so great that all the world’s business transactions run on our rails – and users won’t know or care, because it works exactly as expected.
We have lightning in a bottle: 70+ engineers and designers working across 7 time zones in 17 countries, shipping products 24 hours a day, 6 days a week; a lean business team to support the company’s infrastructure; passion for eliminating toil and automating what we can; a culture of writing; $71 million in funding from investors like Stripe, Addition, USV, and First Round Capital.
Stedi is looking for a Controller to join as a foundational member of our financial operations team. You will partner across the organization to ensure we are building for scale, provide technical accounting expertise, and improve financial processes.
- Oversee all areas of accounting. As our Controller, you’ll be responsible for leading all aspects of accounting -- from payroll and AP, revenue recognition, tax, and compliance. You’ll help bring accounting in-house and tighten our multi-currency and multi-subsidiary month-end close process.
- Build scalable systems and processes for our global team. You’ll manage and build the financial foundation across banking, bookkeeping, and expense management to ensure our finances are accurate and the business can effectively scale. You’ll carefully launch processes and policies that increase controls while not slowing the business down.
- Influence company strategy. You firmly believe that accounting is a strategic function and will proactively take steps to shape the future of the business. From financing strategy to vendor negotiations -- you seamlessly transition across operational and strategic workstreams.
- You’ll prepare the company for an audit. We have lofty aspirations at Stedi and want to ensure that accounting is scaling appropriately with the business. You’ll proactively take steps to prepare the company for an audit.
- You’ll be an owner. We believe in hiring great people and removing any obstacles that get in their way. You’ll be given full autonomy to own our financials, build out the accounting function, and tackle ambitious projects that shape the future of the business.
- You are an experienced accounting leader. You have 7+ years of accounting experience across a variety of disciplines and have expert knowledge of Netsuite, consolidations, month-end close process, US GAAP, and IFRS. CPA preferred.
- You have helped scale an accounting function at a high-growth startup. You have experience building from the ground up and understand what “best in class” looks like at scale.
- You have a track record of influencing company strategy. You proactively perform strategic analysis and make recommendations that shape the future of the business. You take a first-principles approach to solving challenges to arrive at the best outcome for our business.
- You create and execute your own work. You thrive in ambiguity and enjoy rolling up your sleeves no matter what the challenge is. You understand how to prioritize and ask for help when it’s needed.
- You take pride in what you do. Integrity is one of your core values and you care deeply about building and automating financial operation practices for the long term.
At Stedi, we're looking for people who are deeply curious and aligned to our ways of working. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't perfectly match the job description. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.