356 Permit To Transfer Request
Functional Group SO
X12I Transportation Subcommittee
This Draft Standard for Trial Use contains the format and establishes the data contents of the Permit to Transfer Request Transaction Set (356) for use within the context of an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) environment. It is sent by requesting trade entities such as Ocean Carriers and Non Vessel Operating Container Carriers (NVOCC's) to U.S. Customs to request a Permit To Transfer (PTT) for containers moving in-bond.
- 010Transaction Set HeaderMandatory->Max 1
To indicate the start of a transaction set and to assign a control number
- 020Manifest Identifying InformationMandatory->Max 1
To transmit manifest identifying information
- 030Port of Discharge InformationMandatory->Max 1
To transmit identifying information for a port of discharge
- 040Permit to Transfer Request DetailsMandatory->Max 999
To provide Customs with Permit to Transfer details
- 050Transaction Set TrailerMandatory->Max 1
To indicate the end of the transaction set and provide the count of the transmitted segments (including the beginning (ST) and ending (SE) segments).