440 Shipment Weights
Functional Group WR
X12I Transportation Subcommittee
This Draft Standard for Trial Use contains the format and establishes the data contents of the Shipment Weights Transaction Set (440) for use within the context of an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) environment. The transaction set can be used to transmit weights and scale information between any two interested parties.
- 010Transaction Set HeaderMandatory->Max 1
To indicate the start of a transaction set and to assign a control number
- 020Beginning Segment for Weight Message SetMandatory->Max 1
To transmit identifying numbers, dates and other basic data relating to the transaction set
- 030Scale IdentificationOptional->Max 1
To identify the scale type and the location and time a shipment is weighed
- 040Weight InformationMandatory->Max 255
To transmit scale information
- 050Transaction Set TrailerMandatory->Max 1
To indicate the end of the transaction set and provide the count of the transmitted segments (including the beginning (ST) and ending (SE) segments).