Create Stedi Mappings From a Guide
Mappings require that you define a source JSON schema that represents incoming data and a target JSON schema that represents outgoing data. You can choose to base the source or target of a mapping on a guide. When you create a mapping from a guide, the mapping document is prepopulated with fields from the guide.
Create a mapping based on a Stedi guide
To create a new mapping based on a Stedi guide:
- Go to the guide builder for the guide you want to use.
- Click Actions and select Create mapping.
- Choose a use case: Reading EDI or Writing EDI.
- Enter a Name and choose the Sample file the mappings UI will use to generate the schema. If there is no sample available, the guide builder auto-generates a sample by default.
- Click Create new mapping.
Have an idea for something we could improve? Page not clear? We love feedback - send us a message.