Manage Stedi Guides
Import from EDI Guide Catalog
- Go to the EDI Guide Catalog and click the guide you want to import.
- Click Import. The Import page appears.
- (Optional) Change the guide's Name (guide names must be unique in your account) and then click Import. A private copy of the guide opens in the guide builder.
Import from another Stedi account
Public Guide import links: All Public Guides have import links enabled by default, regardless of these settings.
To import a guide from another Stedi account:
- Enter the guide's import link into your web browser. The Import page appears.
- Choose a Name for the guide and then click Import. A private copy of the guide appears in your Stedi account.
Duplicate existing guide
Create from base specification
You can customize a base specification for transaction sets from any X12 release. To create a custom guide:
- Go to your Stedi account and click Create guide.
- Select an X12 Release and the Transaction Set base specfication you want to customize.
- Enter a unique Name for your guide and click Create. The new guide opens in the guide builder.
Edit or delete guides
Warning: After you delete a guide, you cannot recover any of its data.
- To edit, click the ellipses (...) next to the guide and select Edit. The guide opens in the guide builder.
- To delete, click the ellipses (...) next to the guide and select Delete. Click Delete to confirm, and the guide is removed from your Stedi account.
You can enable an import link that allows other users to add a copy of a private guide into their Stedi account. When enabled, anyone with the import link can access your account name, guide name, and guide definition. You can disable import links at any time.
Have an idea for something we could improve? Page not clear? We love feedback - send us a message.