Transports is a product that allows users to easily transfer documents into and out of Stedi. Today, Transports supports the SFTP protocol.
SFTP Transports can be configured with just a few clicks in Terminal or via the Transports API. They can scale to support any number of documents across any document type (XML, JSON, CSV, etc.), up to 5 GB per document. Today, users can set up a total of five unique SFTP Transports in their Stedi account.
To create an SFTP Transport, navigate to the
Transports tab in Terminal.
After navigating to the
Transports tab, click
Create a transport. Users will then configure the following fields:
- Name: Configurable.
- Host: Non-configurable. Stedi defined.
- Port: Non-configurable. Stedi defined.
- Username: Non-configurable. Stedi defined at creation.
- Password: Non-configurable. Stedi defined at creation. Can be rotated.
- Input directory: Configurable. By default
- Output directory: Configurable. By default
A new password is created automatically at the time of SFTP Transport creation. In adherence with security best-practices, only hashed values of passwords are stored.
SFTP Transports also supports password rotation. To rotate a password, click
Edit Transport and enable the
Rotate password option before saving. By rotating a password:
- A new password value will be generated and used as the current password.
- Both the current and the previous password will be supported for authentication, unless the previous password is revoked (which can be done simultaneously with password rotation).
- If the previous password is be revoked, it will no longer be valid for authentication.
Documents sent to Stedi via the SFTP Transport will automatically be persisted to the Document Store, and then deleted from the input directory.
Documents sent from Stedi via the SFTP Transport will be saved for seven (7) days, and then deleted from the output directory. Documents in the output directory can also be deleted by the recipient once they have been processed.
Users can see the status of all document transfers by a given SFTP Transport via the Activity list. The status
delivered means the document was sent successfully to the target destination.
Each transfer activity includes a
status that will be set to one of the following values:
pending: the transfer has been initiated, but has not been completed yet (the
statuswill be updated when processing is complete).
delivered: the transfer has been completed successfully.
ignored: the transfer has not been processed because the transport has been disabled, or the file is empty.
failed: the transfer has been attempted, but an error has been encountered. For most failed transfers, retries will be attempted automatically. Retries will not be attempted for input files that are explicitly not supported (such as an invalid filename, or a file size that exceeds the acceptable limit).
By default, all files created on the SFTP Transport will be retained for a maximum period of seven (7) days. Additionally, files may be deleted as follows:
- files will be automatically deleted from the input directory once they have been processed
- files may be deleted from the output directory by the recipient once they have been processed
- files that are not able to be processed because they are explicitly not supported (such as an invalid filename, or a file size that exceeds the acceptable limit) will be automatically deleted after seven (7) days.
The Transports API supports operations to Create, Update, List and Delete an SFTP Transport.