466 Rate Request
Functional Group TP
X12I Transportation Subcommittee
This Draft Standard for Trial Use contains the format and establishes the data contents of the Rate Request Transaction Set (466) for use within the context of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) environment. The transaction set can be used to request rail rates applicable to specific movements.
- 010Transaction Set HeaderMandatory->Max 1
To indicate the start of a transaction set and to assign a control number
- 020Rate Request InformationMandatory->Max 1
To specify primary identification data for request or information
- 030Docket HeaderOptional->Max 1
To assign an identification to a docket.
- 040Price Request Parameter List 1Optional->Max 1
To request price information based on certain parameters such as commodity, origin, and destination
- 050Price Request Parameter List 2Optional->Max 1
To request price information based on certain parameters such as date, route, equipment type, and customer
- 060Price Authority IdentificationOptional->Max 1
To communicate basis of pricing, such as contract number, quote number, or tariff number
- 070Transaction Set TrailerMandatory->Max 1
To indicate the end of the transaction set and provide the count of the transmitted segments (including the beginning (ST) and ending (SE) segments).