128 Dealer Information
Functional Group DI
X12I Transportation Subcommittee
This Draft Standard for Trial Use contains the format and establishes the data contents of the Dealer Information Transaction Set (128) for use within the context of an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) environment. This transaction set can be used by the shipper to notify carriers of the establishment of a new ``Ship To'' Location (e.g. Retail Dealer, Drop Ship Point, or Body Vendor) or profile change to an existing ``Ship To'' Location in the carrier's area of service.
- 010Transaction Set HeaderMandatory->Max 1
To indicate the start of a transaction set and to assign a control number
- 020NameMandatory->Max 1
To identify a party by type of organization, name and codeN102 is the dealer name.N104 is the shipper assigned code for dealer.
- 030Additional Name InformationOptional->Max 99
To specify additional names or those longer than 35 characters in length
- 040Address InformationOptional->Max 2
To specify the location of the named party
- 050Geographic LocationOptional->Max 1
To specify the geographic place of the named party
- 060Dealer EffectivityOptional->Max 7
To indicate a change in dealer status
- 070Route CodeOptional->Max 50
To specify the route using a single code.
- 080Dealer HoursOptional->Max 28
To provide a carrier information about business hours during which deliveries will be received by the dealer
- 090Administrative Communications ContactOptional->Max 1
To identify a person or office to whom administrative communications should be directed
- 100RemarksOptional->Max 1
To transmit information in a free-form format, if necessary, for comment or special instruction.
- 110Transaction Set TrailerMandatory->Max 1
To indicate the end of the transaction set and provide the count of the transmitted segments (including the beginning (ST) and ending (SE) segments).