354 U.S. Customs Automated Manifest Archive Status (Ocean)
Functional Group SO
X12I Transportation Subcommittee
This standard provides the standardized format and establishes the data contents of the U.S. Customs Automated Manifest Archive Status (Ocean) Transaction Set. It is sent by U.S. Customs to ocean carriers, terminal operators, port authorities and service centers to inform them that the manifest for a specific vessel or voyage is going to be removed from the system. This means that either all bills of lading on a manifest have been reconciled (or closed) or that a number of them are still open and will be reconciled manually. The parties concerned have two weeks to take the appropriate follow-up actions.
- 010Transaction Set HeaderMandatory->Max 1
To indicate the start of a transaction set and to assign a control number
- 020Manifest Identifying InformationMandatory->Max 1
To transmit manifest identifying information
- 030Port of Discharge InformationMandatory->Max 1
To transmit identifying information for a port of discharge
- 040Automated Manifest Archive Status DetailsMandatory->Max 1
To specify the Automated Manifest in the U.S. Customs system that is pending archive/actually archived
- 050Automated Manifest Bills Eligible/Overdue Archive DetailsOptional->Max 9999
To specify bills of lading overdue archive
- 060Transaction Set TrailerMandatory->Max 1
To indicate the end of the transaction set and provide the count of the transmitted segments (including the beginning (ST) and ending (SE) segments).